Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New at Etsy

It's been a busy few days of uploading lots of new creations. I've had a little downtime, being sick, but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things now.
Let's take a quick peek at the latest pieces to join the shop, shall we?


I know, I know - You've seen this one before. But in red. My Midnight Garden necklace is now offered with blue beads, instead, but you can still get it in red if you really want!
It's gotten fresh new pictures, so if it's an old favorite of yours, check out the listing for some more eye candy.


These were a fun one. My husband isn't the best with video game controllers, I'm afraid, and between the two of us playing, we wear out quite a few. The last time we broke a controller, though, I was more than happy to get my hands on it, and see just exactly what was inside! I snipped out all kinds of wires and transistors and doodads, but the moment I saw these matching circuit boards inside the controller, I had to make them into a pair of earrings. They're one-of-a-kind, so enjoy looking!


Normally, one of my dear friends is in charge of naming my jewelry. She's good at the naming, but not so much the creating. I'm good at the creating, but not so much the naming! It works out well, and she always gets a sneak peek at my newest work.
But when it was time to name these, she was nowhere to be found. I asked her roommate if she wanted to give the name game a try, and do you know what she wanted to name these earrings?
Packerland!
After a good laugh, I finally got her to take it seriously, and we ultimately settled on the name Jade Waterfall.


My mother finds the most interesting components for jewelry. Some of the best stuff I've ever had to work with is from boxes of goodies that she sends me, and this is one of those things that was from a box.
I had no idea what to do with them! They were trendy and eye-catching, but not necessarily my style. After almost a year of seeing them in my component box every day, I finally decided to turn them into a pair of earrings.
Thank you, Mom! I don't know what I would do without your skill at picking supplies.

And finally,

These are another gem that I have my mother to thank for. Aren't they absolutely beautiful? She had found the wire-caged focal bead and the gunmetal filigree, and sent them to me on the basis that they "just looked so me," which I definitely agree with there. I made a pair for myself, but didn't know just exactly to finish them off with, until I found those beautiful purple czech glass beads in the bottom of my bead box. I knew it was perfect, and I made up a pair for myself and a pair for sale right away!
Perhaps I'll have to design a necklace to match.

Stay tuned, there's more coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment